Aurora: North Marion Primary School (location map
Friday, 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM
01/11/19 - 03/01/19 (8 weeks)
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home.
Rhythm Kids 1 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class where children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming.
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements.
- Experience drumming, song and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm.
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation.
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Classes are designed for children ages 4 - 5.
Parent attendance and participation is strongly encouraged.
• Weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook, CD and Download Code for the semester's music
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
*** A djembe (hand drum) is required for this class; A drum will be provided for your child to use during class ***
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
*** For the Rhythm Kids Level 1 class at North Marion Primary School, drums will be provided in the classroom each week. If you would like your child to own a drum they can play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 for ages 6-8 years), ask your Music Together teacher about special discounts available for Music Together families. ***